Patients want it all when it comes to adaptive lenses: ultimate eye protection, outdoor darkness, full indoor clarity, responsiveness and long-lasting performance—which Transitions Optical is delivering with their latest innovation, Transitions® Signature® GEN 8™ lenses.
To achieve the new frontier of performance desired by patients, Transitions Optical fully reinvented their photochromic system by combining a disruptive nanocomposite matrix with a new generation of ultra-agile dyes. This lens is the newest generation of Transitions Optical’s best-selling product and replaces Transitions® Signature® VII lenses.
Reasons to Recommend
Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses push the limits of performance to satisfy existing photochromic lens wearers and recruit new clear lens wearers. Thanks to unprecedented patient research and product testing versus clear and other photochromic lenses, you can confidently tell patients that they will love Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses.
- Long lasting performance: Thanks to its ultra-agile dyes, Transitions Signature GEN 8 maintains a high level of performance even longer than Transitions Signature VII lenses, so patients can get the most out of their lenses[i].
- Ultimate protection: Give patients comfortable vision and hassle-free protection with Transitions Signature GEN 8, which block 100% UVA and UVB rays and help filter 87% of harmful blue light outdoors and at least 20% indoors[ii].
- Activation speed: The breakthrough technology of Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses provides a 30% faster activation rate than Transitions Signature VII lenses[iii]. Now that’s Light Under Control™!
- Fade back and indoor clarity: No matter your patient’s lifestyle, they can count on their lenses to adapt quickly indoors. In fact, Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses fade back to clear three minutes faster[iv] than Transitions Signature VII lenses.
- Darkness: Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are even darker than Transitions Signature VII lenses[v], giving your patients the ultimate eye protection in the brightest sun.
With nine out of 10 eyeglass wearers declaring they are light sensitive[vi], there’s a huge opportunity for eyecare professionals to recommend a light management solution. Rely on a lens that’s proven to reducehow often wearers experience light sensitivity, by prescribing Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses. In fact, after wearing Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses, eight out of 10 wearers were less bothered by bright light and changing light[vii].
[i] Lab measurement ISO standard @ 23 C / T=% Transmission. Based on lab accelerated aging test where one cycle approximates 2 years average usage.
[ii] Harmful blue light is calculated between 380nm and 460nm, across materials and colors.
[iii] CR607 products activate to a category 3 darkness 15% faster. Claim is based on tests across materials on gray lenses, being the most popular color, achieving 18% transmission @ 23°C.
[iv] CR607 products fade back to clear 2 minutes faster. Claim is based on tests across materials on gray lenses, being the most popular color, fading back to 70%transmission @ 23°C.
[v] Lab measurement ISO standard @ 23 C / T=% Transmission.
[vi] Transitions Optical Life360™ live wearers testing in US, France, China (IFOP 2016/2017). N=117 eyeglass wearers.
[vii] Transitions Signature GEN 8 Wearers Test, Nationwide US, Kadence, Q1 2019.
[viii] Based on achieving the highest weighted composite score among main everyday photochromic lenses across measurements of key photochromic performance attributes weighted by their relative importance to consumers.